Skip to main content

Happy New Year!



As I begin the January blog posts, I challenge myself to continue the daily writing commitment and to remain disciplined in writing meaningful, honest passages.  The structure and outlet this has provided me for the past two full months has been a game-changer.  So am much as the New Year is about new challenges and resolutions, I am committing to continue what has been working!  The writing, the meditation and the prayer.

2014 feels big to me.  Big in a way that I haven't wrapped my arms around yet.  Full of possibility, full of change and restructure and overwhelming joy … wow, that's kinda big, huh?  Yes, that's exactly what it feels like to me.  And I can't wait to enjoy each moment of it.

The year promises to be full of people that mean the most as well as quiet time to refill my personal energy bucket.  As I type I'm putting plans in motion to reconnect with old friends - some in groups and some one on one - to ensure I begin the year with a renewed commitment to these relationships and my own fulfillment!

I will commit in 2014 to continuing to take care of myself - run, eat healthy, meditate, connect with those important to me and to write.  These are things that fill me up.  And allow me to be whole in order to give to others - my family, my work, my community.

This year is going to be a great one, I can just feel it.  And honestly that's up to me … that's the very best part!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And I'm back

Right now on the downslide to 2018 there are some things that need to change.  I can feel them in my bones, in my heart and on my mind!  This is going to be the year of me.  Feeling, doing, loving better than I have before.... not wondering, resting and being cautious! This image is the inspiration I need.  The critic is the inner critic.  And i'm done listening to her.  Here's what I know.  I'm braver and stronger than I ever imagined.  When someone says I can't do something I say, 'just watch me."  So here goes. 2018 feeling better feeling stronger being curious being bold taking adventures taking time to do it right

Day 16: Six Word Memoir

"Thought about stopping, then ran harder." Day 16 for the Blogember challenge is a 6-word memoir. I could substitute 'ran' for 'tried' almost every day.  Even if for just a brief moment I am paralyzed with fear, confusion, doubt - I press on.  And that is the very best time …. knowing that I still have the power within me to continue to 'fight'. This can be a physical challenge, emotional challenge or just what appears to be a mountain of work to overcome…. whatever it is, if I choose to find a way through it, rather than around it - I'm successful. Happened again this week at work - and my husband reminded me last night.  Why did you let it get you down for two days when you knew they best way to solve it was head-on, with a direct conversation?  He's right.  But I'm not successful with the conversation until I'm mentally prepared to have it.  And yesterday I did.   That's my mantra.  For running, and for l...

Day 4: Freedom

Today's Blogember entry is to write about Freedom. Freedom is one of those words/emotions/concepts that has changed for me over the years.  As I evolved and developed, so has how I view Freedom.  Early on I thought of Freedom as rights that I have as a citizen, the right to choose and how lucky I am to live in a country where Freedom is afforded to me. Fast forward to today.  Freedom to me still is resoundingly around my right to choose.  And those choices are how I see myself, how I choose to present myself to the world.  I have the freedom to make choices that resonate with my soul, and who I choose to be. Freedom is not being attached to all those nay-sayers who come into a life.  With freedom from the dependency of other's approval comes independence and confidence.  The ability to lean in to the life I have been given, carrying the lessons I've learned and the joy that sustains me. It is a purposeful life, one that encompasses freedom....