Skip to main content

Miracle of a Faith Community



On a Sunday it seems fitting to have the miracle of community present itself to me .. and it did, in multiple ways.  As described yesterday we had a winter storm overnight Friday into Saturday dropping just over six inches of snow!  Saturday was a clearing out day to get to the activities of a normal Saturday - especially 10 days before Christmas!

Sunday was different.  There was the community of church that unites us in a common faith, a common worship and for me a common place once a week to come together as a family.  A family bigger than the two people I live with … and we talked about the anticipation of Christmas through the Advent season.  My daughter, at seven, is all in.  She believes in God, Santa, chocolate chip pancakes and the love of her parents to see her through anything.  She's a daily miracle - but on Sunday the entire community felt supportive and united in the same feeling.

As we went home there were more families that had ventured outside to enjoy the winter weather.  The snow was shoveled, the driveways cleared, and now was time to enjoy it!  The sun was out and the kids ran around their snowmen built the day before.

There was a community within our neighborhood that came together in celebration of being outside again - enjoying the beauty of nature!  And, again, just ten days before Christmas!

The people united are a miracle.
The beauty of the snow is a miracle.
The wondrous anticipation of Christmas is a miracle seed planted to sprout at exactly the right time.

Oh, I just can't wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And I'm back

Right now on the downslide to 2018 there are some things that need to change.  I can feel them in my bones, in my heart and on my mind!  This is going to be the year of me.  Feeling, doing, loving better than I have before.... not wondering, resting and being cautious! This image is the inspiration I need.  The critic is the inner critic.  And i'm done listening to her.  Here's what I know.  I'm braver and stronger than I ever imagined.  When someone says I can't do something I say, 'just watch me."  So here goes. 2018 feeling better feeling stronger being curious being bold taking adventures taking time to do it right

Day 16: Six Word Memoir

"Thought about stopping, then ran harder." Day 16 for the Blogember challenge is a 6-word memoir. I could substitute 'ran' for 'tried' almost every day.  Even if for just a brief moment I am paralyzed with fear, confusion, doubt - I press on.  And that is the very best time …. knowing that I still have the power within me to continue to 'fight'. This can be a physical challenge, emotional challenge or just what appears to be a mountain of work to overcome…. whatever it is, if I choose to find a way through it, rather than around it - I'm successful. Happened again this week at work - and my husband reminded me last night.  Why did you let it get you down for two days when you knew they best way to solve it was head-on, with a direct conversation?  He's right.  But I'm not successful with the conversation until I'm mentally prepared to have it.  And yesterday I did.   That's my mantra.  For running, and for l...

Day 4: Freedom

Today's Blogember entry is to write about Freedom. Freedom is one of those words/emotions/concepts that has changed for me over the years.  As I evolved and developed, so has how I view Freedom.  Early on I thought of Freedom as rights that I have as a citizen, the right to choose and how lucky I am to live in a country where Freedom is afforded to me. Fast forward to today.  Freedom to me still is resoundingly around my right to choose.  And those choices are how I see myself, how I choose to present myself to the world.  I have the freedom to make choices that resonate with my soul, and who I choose to be. Freedom is not being attached to all those nay-sayers who come into a life.  With freedom from the dependency of other's approval comes independence and confidence.  The ability to lean in to the life I have been given, carrying the lessons I've learned and the joy that sustains me. It is a purposeful life, one that encompasses freedom....