Skip to main content

Miracle of another day

Just an example of one of many skies that I see almost daily!

When we moved to the mid-west two and a half years ago from central Virginia, many people said to us, 'but it's SO flat there! how will you live without the mountains?'  Although we love the ocean and the mountains, I have found the mid-west to be just gorgeous .. in many ways.

Yes, the terrain is flat.  Yes, the fields are full of corn and soybeans.  And you know what else, there is an amazingly clear view for each sunrise and sunset.  Since arriving I've seen the most gorgeous views of the moon - full and even not-so-full - than ever before.  Without the land being flat, and unobstructed by hills and mountains we can see forever!

And I love that.

There is a miracle in the way the sky looks each morning as the sun rises.  Many people don't get to experience the pinks and oranges that we do on a daily basis.  And of those people, how many consider that sunrise a miracle.  It seems miraculous to me that day after day, without fail those gorgeous color illuminate the sky bringing hope for all to see.

Even on those when I'm dreading something I'm driving into at work, when I see those amazing colors and understand how lucky I am to live in the mid-west to see them!

Miracles never cease ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And I'm back

Right now on the downslide to 2018 there are some things that need to change.  I can feel them in my bones, in my heart and on my mind!  This is going to be the year of me.  Feeling, doing, loving better than I have before.... not wondering, resting and being cautious! This image is the inspiration I need.  The critic is the inner critic.  And i'm done listening to her.  Here's what I know.  I'm braver and stronger than I ever imagined.  When someone says I can't do something I say, 'just watch me."  So here goes. 2018 feeling better feeling stronger being curious being bold taking adventures taking time to do it right

Day 16: Six Word Memoir

"Thought about stopping, then ran harder." Day 16 for the Blogember challenge is a 6-word memoir. I could substitute 'ran' for 'tried' almost every day.  Even if for just a brief moment I am paralyzed with fear, confusion, doubt - I press on.  And that is the very best time …. knowing that I still have the power within me to continue to 'fight'. This can be a physical challenge, emotional challenge or just what appears to be a mountain of work to overcome…. whatever it is, if I choose to find a way through it, rather than around it - I'm successful. Happened again this week at work - and my husband reminded me last night.  Why did you let it get you down for two days when you knew they best way to solve it was head-on, with a direct conversation?  He's right.  But I'm not successful with the conversation until I'm mentally prepared to have it.  And yesterday I did.   That's my mantra.  For running, and for l...

Day 4: Freedom

Today's Blogember entry is to write about Freedom. Freedom is one of those words/emotions/concepts that has changed for me over the years.  As I evolved and developed, so has how I view Freedom.  Early on I thought of Freedom as rights that I have as a citizen, the right to choose and how lucky I am to live in a country where Freedom is afforded to me. Fast forward to today.  Freedom to me still is resoundingly around my right to choose.  And those choices are how I see myself, how I choose to present myself to the world.  I have the freedom to make choices that resonate with my soul, and who I choose to be. Freedom is not being attached to all those nay-sayers who come into a life.  With freedom from the dependency of other's approval comes independence and confidence.  The ability to lean in to the life I have been given, carrying the lessons I've learned and the joy that sustains me. It is a purposeful life, one that encompasses freedom....