Skip to main content

The Journey of 100 miles begins with one step!

As I search to create accountability and momentum in this next leg of the journey,  I begin right here.  This morning when I awoke I knew it would be different.  The downward spiral of holiday eating and too-busy-for-running-regularly pattern is over.  This has been the pattern since Thanksgiving and ends right now.

Today I managed 4 miles.  They were not nearly as 'fast' as I had hoped, and 'fast' is a relative term for me.  I'm a mere 5'3" tall (again a misnomer at best), who's pace on a good day is 12:00min/mile.  Today was closer to 15:00.  But this is just the beginning .....

I spent some of the morning tracking down healthier food ideas - family meals, snacks, post-workout meals.  I pinned to a new board, "New Year, New You," which seemed appropriate even though it is only December 26th!   I also found motivational blogs and articles that helped me realize this is now my reality.

The book on my bedside is now nearer to me.  "Younger Next Year for Women" by Chris Crowley will get finished by January 1st.  It will remind me of all the things I know, but haven't been good about putting into practice.

Today is my first step to feeling better, stronger and completely ME!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And I'm back

Right now on the downslide to 2018 there are some things that need to change.  I can feel them in my bones, in my heart and on my mind!  This is going to be the year of me.  Feeling, doing, loving better than I have before.... not wondering, resting and being cautious! This image is the inspiration I need.  The critic is the inner critic.  And i'm done listening to her.  Here's what I know.  I'm braver and stronger than I ever imagined.  When someone says I can't do something I say, 'just watch me."  So here goes. 2018 feeling better feeling stronger being curious being bold taking adventures taking time to do it right

Day 16: Six Word Memoir

"Thought about stopping, then ran harder." Day 16 for the Blogember challenge is a 6-word memoir. I could substitute 'ran' for 'tried' almost every day.  Even if for just a brief moment I am paralyzed with fear, confusion, doubt - I press on.  And that is the very best time …. knowing that I still have the power within me to continue to 'fight'. This can be a physical challenge, emotional challenge or just what appears to be a mountain of work to overcome…. whatever it is, if I choose to find a way through it, rather than around it - I'm successful. Happened again this week at work - and my husband reminded me last night.  Why did you let it get you down for two days when you knew they best way to solve it was head-on, with a direct conversation?  He's right.  But I'm not successful with the conversation until I'm mentally prepared to have it.  And yesterday I did.   That's my mantra.  For running, and for l...

Day 4: Freedom

Today's Blogember entry is to write about Freedom. Freedom is one of those words/emotions/concepts that has changed for me over the years.  As I evolved and developed, so has how I view Freedom.  Early on I thought of Freedom as rights that I have as a citizen, the right to choose and how lucky I am to live in a country where Freedom is afforded to me. Fast forward to today.  Freedom to me still is resoundingly around my right to choose.  And those choices are how I see myself, how I choose to present myself to the world.  I have the freedom to make choices that resonate with my soul, and who I choose to be. Freedom is not being attached to all those nay-sayers who come into a life.  With freedom from the dependency of other's approval comes independence and confidence.  The ability to lean in to the life I have been given, carrying the lessons I've learned and the joy that sustains me. It is a purposeful life, one that encompasses freedom....