Skip to main content

Anticipation ..

What I need to remember is I am a better performer with a challenge.  I am results-driven and respond to someone (including me) telling me I can't do something.  The goal then is to prove that statement wrong!  I'd been discouraged in this free-fall from Thanksgiving to Christmas, telling myself I'd never be motivated the way I'd been during the Fall.  Good eating, running 5 days a week - racking up 15-20 miles a week - all seemed out of reach post-free fall.

Today is different.  My schedule currently allows for running time in the evening - unless I get sidetracked.  Tonight I was not sidetracked.  In fact, I looked forward to running all day.  I couldn't wait to get home and lace up my running shoes.  Weird, huh?

I spent more time thinking about how to continue positive choices.  On a way around campus today, I thought of ways to incorporate more protein and whole grains into my meals.  I walked briskly to music, smiling at people as I kept a good pace.  It felt good.

Tonight I ran 4 miles.  They felt better than last night.  I was determined.  And I was successful.  Someone asked me today how old I was, and without hesitation I told them.  I'm proud of my 46 years and all that I've learned, and learned to let go of during that time.  Whew!  Sometimes what I was carrying around was heavier than me at my heaviest.

Take a breath.  Look around.  Find comfort and satisfaction in where you are.  I just did!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And I'm back

Right now on the downslide to 2018 there are some things that need to change.  I can feel them in my bones, in my heart and on my mind!  This is going to be the year of me.  Feeling, doing, loving better than I have before.... not wondering, resting and being cautious! This image is the inspiration I need.  The critic is the inner critic.  And i'm done listening to her.  Here's what I know.  I'm braver and stronger than I ever imagined.  When someone says I can't do something I say, 'just watch me."  So here goes. 2018 feeling better feeling stronger being curious being bold taking adventures taking time to do it right

Day 16: Six Word Memoir

"Thought about stopping, then ran harder." Day 16 for the Blogember challenge is a 6-word memoir. I could substitute 'ran' for 'tried' almost every day.  Even if for just a brief moment I am paralyzed with fear, confusion, doubt - I press on.  And that is the very best time …. knowing that I still have the power within me to continue to 'fight'. This can be a physical challenge, emotional challenge or just what appears to be a mountain of work to overcome…. whatever it is, if I choose to find a way through it, rather than around it - I'm successful. Happened again this week at work - and my husband reminded me last night.  Why did you let it get you down for two days when you knew they best way to solve it was head-on, with a direct conversation?  He's right.  But I'm not successful with the conversation until I'm mentally prepared to have it.  And yesterday I did.   That's my mantra.  For running, and for l...

Day 4: Freedom

Today's Blogember entry is to write about Freedom. Freedom is one of those words/emotions/concepts that has changed for me over the years.  As I evolved and developed, so has how I view Freedom.  Early on I thought of Freedom as rights that I have as a citizen, the right to choose and how lucky I am to live in a country where Freedom is afforded to me. Fast forward to today.  Freedom to me still is resoundingly around my right to choose.  And those choices are how I see myself, how I choose to present myself to the world.  I have the freedom to make choices that resonate with my soul, and who I choose to be. Freedom is not being attached to all those nay-sayers who come into a life.  With freedom from the dependency of other's approval comes independence and confidence.  The ability to lean in to the life I have been given, carrying the lessons I've learned and the joy that sustains me. It is a purposeful life, one that encompasses freedom....