Skip to main content

Ready to Run, or is that Leap?



It gets to be this time of year and I'm nearly ready to bolt from my surroundings and find a warm destination.  This is more than a cry of, "I need a vacation!"  This is more of a craving for sunshine that warms my insides and brings a smile to my face.  Now when you combine that with the smell of the ocean and the crash of the waves on a beach it's near heaven.

But I have no such vacation planned.

It's nearly mid-March.  Our BIG family vacation was last fall to celebrate our 10th anniversary.  So this year is full of long weekend trips for adventure and escape.  In a couple weekends we'll celebrate my daughter's birthday with a trip to Chicago - American Girl Place, hotel with a pool and a variety of Chicago sights.  This will likely bring much laughter, good food and a family adventure.  Yet, not the warm sunshine that I crave.

I'm determined to find a way to turn this into something good.  The craving, the running away feeling, the need to warmth on my face.  Today I'll find a way to visualize warm thoughts.  Perhaps through my meditation, perhaps through my words and actions.

Warm thoughts .. that's it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And I'm back

Right now on the downslide to 2018 there are some things that need to change.  I can feel them in my bones, in my heart and on my mind!  This is going to be the year of me.  Feeling, doing, loving better than I have before.... not wondering, resting and being cautious! This image is the inspiration I need.  The critic is the inner critic.  And i'm done listening to her.  Here's what I know.  I'm braver and stronger than I ever imagined.  When someone says I can't do something I say, 'just watch me."  So here goes. 2018 feeling better feeling stronger being curious being bold taking adventures taking time to do it right

Day 16: Six Word Memoir

"Thought about stopping, then ran harder." Day 16 for the Blogember challenge is a 6-word memoir. I could substitute 'ran' for 'tried' almost every day.  Even if for just a brief moment I am paralyzed with fear, confusion, doubt - I press on.  And that is the very best time …. knowing that I still have the power within me to continue to 'fight'. This can be a physical challenge, emotional challenge or just what appears to be a mountain of work to overcome…. whatever it is, if I choose to find a way through it, rather than around it - I'm successful. Happened again this week at work - and my husband reminded me last night.  Why did you let it get you down for two days when you knew they best way to solve it was head-on, with a direct conversation?  He's right.  But I'm not successful with the conversation until I'm mentally prepared to have it.  And yesterday I did.   That's my mantra.  For running, and for l...

Day 4: Freedom

Today's Blogember entry is to write about Freedom. Freedom is one of those words/emotions/concepts that has changed for me over the years.  As I evolved and developed, so has how I view Freedom.  Early on I thought of Freedom as rights that I have as a citizen, the right to choose and how lucky I am to live in a country where Freedom is afforded to me. Fast forward to today.  Freedom to me still is resoundingly around my right to choose.  And those choices are how I see myself, how I choose to present myself to the world.  I have the freedom to make choices that resonate with my soul, and who I choose to be. Freedom is not being attached to all those nay-sayers who come into a life.  With freedom from the dependency of other's approval comes independence and confidence.  The ability to lean in to the life I have been given, carrying the lessons I've learned and the joy that sustains me. It is a purposeful life, one that encompasses freedom....