Skip to main content

Sunday was not my day of rest

In an attempt to ride the wave of newly found excitement, enthusiasm and downright energy, I chose to run a full 5 miles again today.  But today was different.

I felt stronger, I ran faster and I feel much more accomplished.  Recognizing I only trimmed less than a minute off each mile, I still felt better.  At this point I'm thinking my body is responding to the conditioning and new routine I'm putting it through.



Several things have improved this week:

1)  I have more energy.
2)  I feel clearer, more focused
3)  I don't have guilt over what I eat, as I know I need fuel to run
4)  I have honored my commitment, and have lived this week with purpose
5)  and last, but certainly not least, I am sleeping so much more soundly!

I cannot get over that since last Monday through today (Sunday) I have run 25 miles.  Now, I realize this doesn't make me marathon ready, but it feels phenomenal!!!

Food prep continued today.  Baked acorn squash, more steel cut oats and made these amazing breakfast oatmeal cookies.  Filled with oats, dried fruit and nuts.  They are wonderful!  Even my daughter asked for a second one .... not sweet enough for my husband, but he'll get used to it :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And I'm back

Right now on the downslide to 2018 there are some things that need to change.  I can feel them in my bones, in my heart and on my mind!  This is going to be the year of me.  Feeling, doing, loving better than I have before.... not wondering, resting and being cautious! This image is the inspiration I need.  The critic is the inner critic.  And i'm done listening to her.  Here's what I know.  I'm braver and stronger than I ever imagined.  When someone says I can't do something I say, 'just watch me."  So here goes. 2018 feeling better feeling stronger being curious being bold taking adventures taking time to do it right

Day 16: Six Word Memoir

"Thought about stopping, then ran harder." Day 16 for the Blogember challenge is a 6-word memoir. I could substitute 'ran' for 'tried' almost every day.  Even if for just a brief moment I am paralyzed with fear, confusion, doubt - I press on.  And that is the very best time …. knowing that I still have the power within me to continue to 'fight'. This can be a physical challenge, emotional challenge or just what appears to be a mountain of work to overcome…. whatever it is, if I choose to find a way through it, rather than around it - I'm successful. Happened again this week at work - and my husband reminded me last night.  Why did you let it get you down for two days when you knew they best way to solve it was head-on, with a direct conversation?  He's right.  But I'm not successful with the conversation until I'm mentally prepared to have it.  And yesterday I did.   That's my mantra.  For running, and for l...

Day 4: Freedom

Today's Blogember entry is to write about Freedom. Freedom is one of those words/emotions/concepts that has changed for me over the years.  As I evolved and developed, so has how I view Freedom.  Early on I thought of Freedom as rights that I have as a citizen, the right to choose and how lucky I am to live in a country where Freedom is afforded to me. Fast forward to today.  Freedom to me still is resoundingly around my right to choose.  And those choices are how I see myself, how I choose to present myself to the world.  I have the freedom to make choices that resonate with my soul, and who I choose to be. Freedom is not being attached to all those nay-sayers who come into a life.  With freedom from the dependency of other's approval comes independence and confidence.  The ability to lean in to the life I have been given, carrying the lessons I've learned and the joy that sustains me. It is a purposeful life, one that encompasses freedom....