Skip to main content

Gladness and sadness

I am glad to be alive.  No, I didn't have a near-death experience.  It's been an amazingly emotional and exhausting week for several reasons.  And I sit here completely grateful for the life I have, knowing I will continue to find the joy in every place I'm able.

There was a suicide at my place of employment this week.  No, I didn't know the person or why she chose to end her life.  News like that stops you in your tracks.  Why? ....

I can say that like many other times, the kindness of people is what enables us to endure.  An event such as that bonds those who are there and need to process the news.  I will continue to say I have amazing people in my life ... and the circle continues to expand.

As all that took place on Thursday, I was preparing for a promotional opportunity series of interviews on Friday.  Talk about stress.  Some of the same wonderful, supportive people who buoyed the mood on Thursday were there for me on Friday to tame my stress.

Hard to be up for something so important when you've barely processed news from the day before.  But life is funny like that, it doesn't stop for tragic events.  Kids have soccer games, families need groceries and I had interviews.

We'll see how it all turns out in the next week or so.  I hope I hit it out of the park.  But if it was a strikeout, I'm sure I'll have another a bat soon enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And I'm back

Right now on the downslide to 2018 there are some things that need to change.  I can feel them in my bones, in my heart and on my mind!  This is going to be the year of me.  Feeling, doing, loving better than I have before.... not wondering, resting and being cautious! This image is the inspiration I need.  The critic is the inner critic.  And i'm done listening to her.  Here's what I know.  I'm braver and stronger than I ever imagined.  When someone says I can't do something I say, 'just watch me."  So here goes. 2018 feeling better feeling stronger being curious being bold taking adventures taking time to do it right

Day 16: Six Word Memoir

"Thought about stopping, then ran harder." Day 16 for the Blogember challenge is a 6-word memoir. I could substitute 'ran' for 'tried' almost every day.  Even if for just a brief moment I am paralyzed with fear, confusion, doubt - I press on.  And that is the very best time …. knowing that I still have the power within me to continue to 'fight'. This can be a physical challenge, emotional challenge or just what appears to be a mountain of work to overcome…. whatever it is, if I choose to find a way through it, rather than around it - I'm successful. Happened again this week at work - and my husband reminded me last night.  Why did you let it get you down for two days when you knew they best way to solve it was head-on, with a direct conversation?  He's right.  But I'm not successful with the conversation until I'm mentally prepared to have it.  And yesterday I did.   That's my mantra.  For running, and for l...

Day 4: Freedom

Today's Blogember entry is to write about Freedom. Freedom is one of those words/emotions/concepts that has changed for me over the years.  As I evolved and developed, so has how I view Freedom.  Early on I thought of Freedom as rights that I have as a citizen, the right to choose and how lucky I am to live in a country where Freedom is afforded to me. Fast forward to today.  Freedom to me still is resoundingly around my right to choose.  And those choices are how I see myself, how I choose to present myself to the world.  I have the freedom to make choices that resonate with my soul, and who I choose to be. Freedom is not being attached to all those nay-sayers who come into a life.  With freedom from the dependency of other's approval comes independence and confidence.  The ability to lean in to the life I have been given, carrying the lessons I've learned and the joy that sustains me. It is a purposeful life, one that encompasses freedom....