Skip to main content

...begin...



Don't ask where I found Liz Lamoreux because I'm not quite sure.  From a link on another blog, through Pinterest or maybe Brene Brown ... I just don't recall.  And honestly it doesn't matter.  She's a gift.  She writes this blog with advice about being present, being me, trusting your heart ... all the things that we need to be reminded each day .. sometimes throughout the day!

She has a shop on Etsy where I found this item called, 'a mystery soul mantra chosen just for you' in the form of a metal tag on a necklace.  I'm all about believing there are no mistakes, so I knew that whatever she chose for me would be the 'right' thing.

The package arrived today with wonderful cards inside that I will use as bookmarks and reminders on my nightstand to see each day.  They say, 'trust your heart,' 'open up and live,' and even 'dear beautiful soul may you give yourself the gift of five breaths, may you stand tall in the truth that you are deeply loved, and may you open your heart even more today and may you know you are enough..'

Wow!

And the best part.  The necklace.

it says ..

'begin'

How could she have known I was getting ready to begin another tremendous chapter in my life.  A move,  a new job, a new adventure ... all this newness.  And what was the message?  Begin.  just begin.


Comments

  1. I love it so much! I'll have to check her out! And good luck with all the newness! Sounds like quite the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea - thanks! Our move is to Wylie - and until I looked it up I didn't realize you were in the Fort Worth area! We're originally from upstate New York, via central VA and central IL - so Texas is a complete change for us! Looking forward to the adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And I'm back

Right now on the downslide to 2018 there are some things that need to change.  I can feel them in my bones, in my heart and on my mind!  This is going to be the year of me.  Feeling, doing, loving better than I have before.... not wondering, resting and being cautious! This image is the inspiration I need.  The critic is the inner critic.  And i'm done listening to her.  Here's what I know.  I'm braver and stronger than I ever imagined.  When someone says I can't do something I say, 'just watch me."  So here goes. 2018 feeling better feeling stronger being curious being bold taking adventures taking time to do it right

Day 16: Six Word Memoir

"Thought about stopping, then ran harder." Day 16 for the Blogember challenge is a 6-word memoir. I could substitute 'ran' for 'tried' almost every day.  Even if for just a brief moment I am paralyzed with fear, confusion, doubt - I press on.  And that is the very best time …. knowing that I still have the power within me to continue to 'fight'. This can be a physical challenge, emotional challenge or just what appears to be a mountain of work to overcome…. whatever it is, if I choose to find a way through it, rather than around it - I'm successful. Happened again this week at work - and my husband reminded me last night.  Why did you let it get you down for two days when you knew they best way to solve it was head-on, with a direct conversation?  He's right.  But I'm not successful with the conversation until I'm mentally prepared to have it.  And yesterday I did.   That's my mantra.  For running, and for l...

Day 4: Freedom

Today's Blogember entry is to write about Freedom. Freedom is one of those words/emotions/concepts that has changed for me over the years.  As I evolved and developed, so has how I view Freedom.  Early on I thought of Freedom as rights that I have as a citizen, the right to choose and how lucky I am to live in a country where Freedom is afforded to me. Fast forward to today.  Freedom to me still is resoundingly around my right to choose.  And those choices are how I see myself, how I choose to present myself to the world.  I have the freedom to make choices that resonate with my soul, and who I choose to be. Freedom is not being attached to all those nay-sayers who come into a life.  With freedom from the dependency of other's approval comes independence and confidence.  The ability to lean in to the life I have been given, carrying the lessons I've learned and the joy that sustains me. It is a purposeful life, one that encompasses freedom....