Skip to main content

Purpose


You may have noticed that I haven't blogged in several weeks.  It seems to be a rough road on I'm on lately ... haven't run, haven't been eating great, haven't found time to meditate ... and I can feel the effects of all three.

Yes, there have been injuries dragging me down.  The nagging lower back and tension headaches that have plagued me lately are a downer.  And somehow I know that they may respond to a nice walk and a quiet space to breath.

I get in my own way.

At this point I know better, how can I motivate myself to do better?

When I saw the above quote I knew it was time to write about it.  Hardships are all in your perspective, right?  Injuries, loneliness, frustration all get in my way.  If I could look past them for the lesson, and what they are preparing me for I might be able to 'ride the wave' and ease the pain.

This is my purpose.  To prepare for what is to come.  Even when I don't know what that 'something' is going to be.  I've experienced plenty of hardships to know that I come out the other side.  When it's time.

I will remain open to what that timing will be.  I am open to an extraordinary destiny ......

Comments

  1. What a great quote!!
    Sorry that you are going through a rough patch - I hope things get better soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And I'm back

Right now on the downslide to 2018 there are some things that need to change.  I can feel them in my bones, in my heart and on my mind!  This is going to be the year of me.  Feeling, doing, loving better than I have before.... not wondering, resting and being cautious! This image is the inspiration I need.  The critic is the inner critic.  And i'm done listening to her.  Here's what I know.  I'm braver and stronger than I ever imagined.  When someone says I can't do something I say, 'just watch me."  So here goes. 2018 feeling better feeling stronger being curious being bold taking adventures taking time to do it right

Day 16: Six Word Memoir

"Thought about stopping, then ran harder." Day 16 for the Blogember challenge is a 6-word memoir. I could substitute 'ran' for 'tried' almost every day.  Even if for just a brief moment I am paralyzed with fear, confusion, doubt - I press on.  And that is the very best time …. knowing that I still have the power within me to continue to 'fight'. This can be a physical challenge, emotional challenge or just what appears to be a mountain of work to overcome…. whatever it is, if I choose to find a way through it, rather than around it - I'm successful. Happened again this week at work - and my husband reminded me last night.  Why did you let it get you down for two days when you knew they best way to solve it was head-on, with a direct conversation?  He's right.  But I'm not successful with the conversation until I'm mentally prepared to have it.  And yesterday I did.   That's my mantra.  For running, and for l...

Day 4: Freedom

Today's Blogember entry is to write about Freedom. Freedom is one of those words/emotions/concepts that has changed for me over the years.  As I evolved and developed, so has how I view Freedom.  Early on I thought of Freedom as rights that I have as a citizen, the right to choose and how lucky I am to live in a country where Freedom is afforded to me. Fast forward to today.  Freedom to me still is resoundingly around my right to choose.  And those choices are how I see myself, how I choose to present myself to the world.  I have the freedom to make choices that resonate with my soul, and who I choose to be. Freedom is not being attached to all those nay-sayers who come into a life.  With freedom from the dependency of other's approval comes independence and confidence.  The ability to lean in to the life I have been given, carrying the lessons I've learned and the joy that sustains me. It is a purposeful life, one that encompasses freedom....