Skip to main content

New Beginnings ..



With this being our first weekend at the new house in Texas, I thought it appropriate to begin again.  On lots of fronts.  Eating, running, meditation, you name it - it feels new to me!  My new job starts tomorrow - which is new people, new responsibilities, new route to the office and much more!

Here's what I know for sure:

1)  I feel better when I work out regularly
2)  I feel even better when I combine that with lots of water and clean eating

So if I know that much, why haven't I committed to it completely?  Oh that!  Well let's just say life is a series of beginnings, of decisions that are made daily - and often for me, moment to moment!

This weekend I filled the house full of healthy fruits, veggies and lean meats and whole grains.  The family seems pleased and even complimented me on such a colorful dinner last night!  This morning, Mother's Day - I got the Nutribullet out and combined my veggies for a green breakfast!

handful of baby spinach
1/2 cucumber, cubed
2 T ground flax seed
juice of 1 lime
1/2 avocado, diced
about a cup of cold water

It was wonderfully green and delicious!

It was a wonderful morning of presents and compliments from my daughter who loves to give presents! And as the family went back to the unpacking boxes, I ran 2 miles!  Just like that!  It's been weeks - and yet it just comes back to me.

And now, drenched in sweat, cooling down with my water - I feel great!  And I'm finding that although new beginnings may not be easy, they are well worth it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And I'm back

Right now on the downslide to 2018 there are some things that need to change.  I can feel them in my bones, in my heart and on my mind!  This is going to be the year of me.  Feeling, doing, loving better than I have before.... not wondering, resting and being cautious! This image is the inspiration I need.  The critic is the inner critic.  And i'm done listening to her.  Here's what I know.  I'm braver and stronger than I ever imagined.  When someone says I can't do something I say, 'just watch me."  So here goes. 2018 feeling better feeling stronger being curious being bold taking adventures taking time to do it right

Day 16: Six Word Memoir

"Thought about stopping, then ran harder." Day 16 for the Blogember challenge is a 6-word memoir. I could substitute 'ran' for 'tried' almost every day.  Even if for just a brief moment I am paralyzed with fear, confusion, doubt - I press on.  And that is the very best time …. knowing that I still have the power within me to continue to 'fight'. This can be a physical challenge, emotional challenge or just what appears to be a mountain of work to overcome…. whatever it is, if I choose to find a way through it, rather than around it - I'm successful. Happened again this week at work - and my husband reminded me last night.  Why did you let it get you down for two days when you knew they best way to solve it was head-on, with a direct conversation?  He's right.  But I'm not successful with the conversation until I'm mentally prepared to have it.  And yesterday I did.   That's my mantra.  For running, and for l...

Day 4: Freedom

Today's Blogember entry is to write about Freedom. Freedom is one of those words/emotions/concepts that has changed for me over the years.  As I evolved and developed, so has how I view Freedom.  Early on I thought of Freedom as rights that I have as a citizen, the right to choose and how lucky I am to live in a country where Freedom is afforded to me. Fast forward to today.  Freedom to me still is resoundingly around my right to choose.  And those choices are how I see myself, how I choose to present myself to the world.  I have the freedom to make choices that resonate with my soul, and who I choose to be. Freedom is not being attached to all those nay-sayers who come into a life.  With freedom from the dependency of other's approval comes independence and confidence.  The ability to lean in to the life I have been given, carrying the lessons I've learned and the joy that sustains me. It is a purposeful life, one that encompasses freedom....