Skip to main content

Space between




After having a restart on my treadmill plan, getting new Saucony shoes, new socks and even a new FitBit to travel activity .. I'm still stalled!  This time it's dealing with blisters and headaches!  I have developed these awful blood blisters on two toes and it's frustrating me.  I have the medicated pads to use to cushion and treat them .. and still I'm not back up to speed.

I'm realizing there are times to just let go.  To allow things to happen in their own time.  And this is one of those times.  There are times to let people go.  And I've done some of that too.  And boy, would the running help ease that issue at this point.  Yet here I am.

I read a really great passage lately.  It suggested that Let It Go could really just mean Let It Be.  And therefore there is no action other than to relax and allow the situation to flow through you.  The other concept I've been helping my team remember lately is what is within your control.  There are just so many things that are outside our control, let's remember what is within our control and deal with that.

Today I will breathe, move, laugh, learn and share.  That will be my main goal.  And it will be exactly what I need.  At the end of the day I hope to have my 10,000 steps complete, to have laughed with family and friends and to believe I did the very best I could do.



Most of all, at the end of the day, I hope to have been successfully in my effort to Let It Be.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And I'm back

Right now on the downslide to 2018 there are some things that need to change.  I can feel them in my bones, in my heart and on my mind!  This is going to be the year of me.  Feeling, doing, loving better than I have before.... not wondering, resting and being cautious! This image is the inspiration I need.  The critic is the inner critic.  And i'm done listening to her.  Here's what I know.  I'm braver and stronger than I ever imagined.  When someone says I can't do something I say, 'just watch me."  So here goes. 2018 feeling better feeling stronger being curious being bold taking adventures taking time to do it right

Day 16: Six Word Memoir

"Thought about stopping, then ran harder." Day 16 for the Blogember challenge is a 6-word memoir. I could substitute 'ran' for 'tried' almost every day.  Even if for just a brief moment I am paralyzed with fear, confusion, doubt - I press on.  And that is the very best time …. knowing that I still have the power within me to continue to 'fight'. This can be a physical challenge, emotional challenge or just what appears to be a mountain of work to overcome…. whatever it is, if I choose to find a way through it, rather than around it - I'm successful. Happened again this week at work - and my husband reminded me last night.  Why did you let it get you down for two days when you knew they best way to solve it was head-on, with a direct conversation?  He's right.  But I'm not successful with the conversation until I'm mentally prepared to have it.  And yesterday I did.   That's my mantra.  For running, and for l...

Day 4: Freedom

Today's Blogember entry is to write about Freedom. Freedom is one of those words/emotions/concepts that has changed for me over the years.  As I evolved and developed, so has how I view Freedom.  Early on I thought of Freedom as rights that I have as a citizen, the right to choose and how lucky I am to live in a country where Freedom is afforded to me. Fast forward to today.  Freedom to me still is resoundingly around my right to choose.  And those choices are how I see myself, how I choose to present myself to the world.  I have the freedom to make choices that resonate with my soul, and who I choose to be. Freedom is not being attached to all those nay-sayers who come into a life.  With freedom from the dependency of other's approval comes independence and confidence.  The ability to lean in to the life I have been given, carrying the lessons I've learned and the joy that sustains me. It is a purposeful life, one that encompasses freedom....